Buttermilk BAE biscuits
- 2 1/2 tsps baking powder
- 1/2 tsps baking soda
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour plus more for dusting
- 2 tsps salt
- 2 tsps sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) cold unsalted butter
- 1 cup chlled buttermilk
- 4 tbs salted butter
- 1 tsps dried parsley
- 1/4 tsps dried oregano
- 1/4 tsps garlic powder
- Combine baking powder, salt, sugar, baking soda, and flour.
- Cut butter into small 1/2” pieces.
- Mix butter into dry ingredients like a pie dough (Keep the butter as cold as possible and break into small pieces until the texture is sandy). Add chilled buttermilk.
- Roll into 1” think square then cut into 4 pieces. Stack each piece on top of each other.
- Flatten into a 1” thick rectangle.
- Cut into 12 biscuits.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400.
- Melt salted butter and mix with herbs. Brush tops of biscuits with herb butter mix.
Recipe in depth
S'gud BAE? You want your honey boo drippy drippy on your hog slopper? Butter her biscuit and give 'em dat buttermilk.
In all honesty 99% of this recipie was straightup jacked from the website bon appetit. I found the recipie and couldn't find a good way to improve it. The bottoms of the biscuits may burn if you use a cooking tray that is very good at retaining heat.