Boudain Stuffed Chicekn
- 1.5 oz (3 tbs) butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 2/3 cup shrimp stock
- 4 tbs sherry wine
- 2 tbs worcestershite sauce
- 1/2 tsps cayenne powder
- 1/4 tbs chicken base
- 1.5 oz swiss cheese
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- Make a roux using butter and flour
- Boil shrimp stock then mix into roux
- Add sherry wine, worcestershire sauce, cayenne powder, and chicken base. Mix until well blended.
- Add swiss cheese then heavy cream and simmer for 5 minutes
- Chicken breast
- Boudain link
- Creaole seasoning
- Butterfly chicken breast leaving intact to fold in half again, then pound until flat
- Season chicken breast with creole seasoning, salt, and pepper
- Cut boudain link out of sausage casing, then stuff into chicken breast, and refold chicken over boudain.
- Cook in a covered cast iron pan at medium heat until chicken is cooked
- Cover in Yvette sauce
Besides making the sauce theirs not much to this. Maybe serve with sauteed vegetables and dirty rice. Will learn how to make boudain later.