Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- 100 grams bread flour or tipo 00 flour
- 75 ml water
- 1 tsp yeast
- 400 grams bread flour plus more for dusting
- 275 ml water
- 1 tsps sugar
- 2 tsps (7 g) yeast
- 40 g milk powder
- 85 g softened unsalted butter
- 2 tsps salt
- In a small bowl combine 1 tsps of yeast, 100 g of flour, and 75 ml water. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 4 to 8 hours. This is known as a sponge.
- Combine sponge and 400 g of flour. Add remaining yeast, sugar, butter, and milk powder then kneed/mix using a mixer with a dough hook for 15 minutes while slowly adding in 275 ml water. When the dough has begun to form add salt. Kneed until the dough is smooth.
- Lightly oil a bowl.
- Add the dough and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for 1 to 2 hours.
- Form dough into a square and split into 4 even pieces. Be careful to not knock any air out of the dough.
- Fold the top 3rd of a square down to the middle of the square
- Fold the bottom half the dough upto the top edge of the dough
- Gently roll the dough into a sausage roughly 8 inches in length
- Place hoagie rolls onto parchment sheets dusted with flour. Cover with large plastic bags and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Dust rolls lightly, slash down the middle, and cook at 400 F for 18 minutes.
- 2 slices of bread
- Shredded parmesan
- Shredded fontina
- Preheat toaster oven to 300 F
- Cut a hole into one slice of bread and keep the other slice whole
- Place 2 slices bread into a buttered pan at medium heat
- Crack an egg into the bread hole.
- Cover the egg with shredded parmesan and fontina mixture. Continue to toast bread until golden brown.
- Flip over each slice and cover with cheddar and gouda. Cover the pan and continue to toast until the parmesan/fontina mixutre is crispy.
- Make into a sandwich and put in over until cheese is fully melted.
Recipe in depth
Goes well with tomatoe bisque and hashbrowns. Add these recipes later.