Donuts with Chocolate Glaze
- 3/4 cup scaled whole milk
- 2 tsps (7 g) yeast
- 2 tbs warm water
- 2.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (4 tbs) sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 4 tbs butter or shortening
- peanute oil
- Scaled milk then cool
- Dissolve yeast in warm water
- Combine milk, yeast, sugar, eggs salt, butter, and flour
- Mix using a dough hook until smooth
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes. Using a spatula fold the edges of the dough toward the center. (at least 8 folds)
- Cover and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Roll dough into 10-12 balls. Use fingers to poke holes in the middle to make 1/2 thick rings.
- Let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Heat peanut oil to 375 F
- Place 3 to 4 donuts in the oil at a time. Use chop sticks to flip giving each side about 1 minute to cook.
- Drain the donuts on a baking tray covered in paper towels
- 2.5 tbs butter
- 3/4 to 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs water
- 2 oz 60% Ghirardelli chocolate
- Melt butter then combine all ingredients until smooth. Add more or less water 1 tablespoon at a time for different consistency.
Recipe in depth
Dip donuts in chocolate glaze once cooled then sprinkle with fun shit like cookies. You can also fill the donuts with jams and other stuff, just don't make into rings.