- 2 cups all-purpose flour (260 g) plus more for dusting
- 4 tablespoons lard (52 g)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup whole milk
- Scald milk to a near boil, then cool.
- Mix flour, lard, and salt
- Add baking powder and milk then work as quickly as possible. Kneed by hand for 2-3 minutes until mostly smooth.
- Split dough into 10 balls (47g-50g each)
- Roll out on a flour covered surface
- Cook on cast iron over medium heat. Flip when the first side begins to bubble. Take off the heat when the second side starts to puff up.
Recipe in depth
These are the fluffiest flour tortillas I could make. Don't allow the dough to rest, work as quickly as possible once any liquid and the baking powder has combined.