- 100 grams bread flour or tipo 00 flour
- 75 ml water
- 1 tsp yeast
- 400 grams tipo 00 flour plus more for dusting
- 275 ml water
- 1 tsps sugar
- 2 tsps yeast
- 2 tsps salt
- In a small bowl combine 1 tsps of yeast, 100 g of flour, and 75 ml water. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 4 to 8 hours. This is known as a sponge.
- Combine sponge and 400 g of flour. Add remaining yeast and sugar then kneed/mix using a mixer with a dough hook for 15 minutes while slowly adding in 275 ml water. When the dough has begun to form add salt. Kneed until the dough is smooth.
- Lightly oil a bowl.
- Add the dough and cover with plastic wrap. Let rise for 1 to 2 hours.
- Heat a pizza stone to the highest setting of your oven 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Divde dough in half to make 2 16 inch pizzas. Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface.
- Put rolled out pizza dough on hot pizza stone, then add toppings.
- Cook for about 5 to 10 minutes
- 28 oz can of whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 2 medium cloves garlic diced
- 1 tsps dried oregano
- pinch red pepper flakes
- pinch salt
- 2 springs of fresh basil
- 1 medium yellow onion split in half
- Puree tomatoes with juice in food processor until slightly chunky
- On medium low heat melt butter with olive oil. add garlic, oregano, pepper flakes, and salt. Cook until fragrant.
- Add add tomatoes, basil, and onion halves then bring to a simmer for 1 hour. Stir occasionally. Discard onion halves and basil stems. Add salt/pepper to taste.
Recipe in depth
Finna get dat piece a dough, gotta get dat pizza doe. Nothing gets your boo singing like dough, rae, me so horny than a hot slice in the money maker.
Good toppings include, boars head mozzerella, shredded parmesan, thinly sliced steak, ricotta cheese.